Announcing a Special 1-Day Workshop with Diane Twachtman-Cullen on Successful Outcomes for Students with Autism & Related Disorders which is coming to Calgary, Alberta on April 13th 2011!
Due to a special event sponsor all delegates can now bring an additional family member guest for only $35 with the purchase of a full registration: Click here to Bring an Additional Guest for Only $35
Calgary, Alberta – Friday, April 13th, 2012
Expansive (ASD, NLD, ADD/ADHD)! Outcomes Oriented! Practical!
From “A”—Specific Strategies to:
- address the nonverbal learning needs of individuals with ASD and NLD
- address the organizational and planning deficits of individuals with ASD, ADD/ADHD, & NLD
- address the challenges in social thinking common to individuals with ASD and NLD
- address the language learning needs of individuals with ASD
- address behavioral issues across the board
To “Z”—Putting It Together to:
- address specific steps to facilitate generalization across people, settings, and activities
- address a specific plan to fade back prompts to facilitate independence
- write measureable teaching goals and objectives vis-à-vis ASD, NLD, ADD/ADHD
This practical workshop offers a comprehensive “A to Z” plan for addressing the needs of students with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs), nonverbal learning disorder (NLD), and ADD/ADHD. The learning-style differences and needs of these students will be defined, and a detailed step-by-step plan for achieving successful outcomes—The Strategic Roadmap for Teaching—will be presented for addressing challenges related to language, behavior, nonverbal communication, social thinking, and organization and planning. This strategic roadmap will include specific information on ways to decrease prompt dependency and facilitate generalization across multiple settings and people, as well as measurable teaching goals and objectives to ensure ease of application of evidence-based strategies in real-world settings.